Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I need a name!

He still has a long way to go because his neglect, abuse and hunger have really ravaged his mind and body but he is slowly coming around. We let him progress at his own pace without forcing attentions on him he does not want. Now he comes out to us, of his own free will for our attention and when he has had enough he goes back to his security behind the washer and dryer, but he comes out more often now and stays with us for longer periods of time, a little more each day.

He will still duck his head down sometimes when I pet him bringing my hand over his head. He thinks I am going to hit him I guess. Who's to say what he has been through in his previous life. I just know he will find (NO ABUSE) in his next eight lives!

Oh, and I found this Ebay auction on mindypindy's Blog, you will find their Blog in my right hand side bar... to read more, A Husky's life! Not only can you have fun bidding but you can make a difference and have a great gift, too! I think what they are doing is grrrrrrreat!!! Here is the link to the auction...
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=nbrescue

13 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I used to have a cat just like that. They are so beautiful.
It's so nice of you to take care of the poor kitty.
I wish i could remember the name of the cat that i had...i think it was smokie...aaaaa way to many years ago to remember.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

How wonderful you're looking after that neglected and abused cat.

Michele sent me here.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Dak-Ind said...

we love the name, and since Indiana can pronounce it, and loves kittys, i hope only that Sagwa is either a fast runner or incredibly tolerant of all the love Indy will heap upon him.

7:16 AM  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

What a gorgeous looking cat.Did he come into your garden, or did you go to an animal shelter?You are doing great with the winning him over, making the rest of his eight lives happy and care free.Time heals all hurt, slowly.How can people be so cruel and callous?I will think of poetic name for him, unless you have named him already.
Love Jengibre in the raincoat!

7:24 AM  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Hi Faira, how about Berlioz (a grey kitten from the disney film the Aristocats), or Carre (as in John Le Carre the cat who came in from the cold...)

9:11 AM  
Blogger JuliaR said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Faira! I knew there were lots of lurkers out there - nice to hear from some. I have no updates on Rockwell - maybe one by Christmas or shortly thereafter. Now that you're back blogging, I'll keep an eye on things over here. Good for you for taking in that poor wee kitty.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snappy,I want to thank you for offering names for my new cat. I think I have decided on a name now, it is pretty but easy for him to respond too.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Conners said...

By your beautiful pictures, you can't even tell that he was abused.
Well, he's loved now and never has to worry again.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline, I remember the name of every cat and dog I have ever had. Maybe because they were all with me so very long. Each and everyone still has a place in my heart!

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jean-luc picard, Yes, wouldn't it be wonderful if we all took care of each other like that. love is so easily given but soooo often withheld!

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snappy, Thank you for offering names for my new cat, now named Meshoo, and for all your kind words, too!

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juliar, Yes, I am afraid I am one of the Blog Worlds greatest lurkers or procrastinaters anyways, out there, ha, ha!

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conners, On the inside, I am sorry to say, his abuse still very much shows!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home