Friday, August 04, 2006

Bee- utiful

This bee in my garden made a bee- utiful close- up even though I have not bought any Macro lenses for my new camera yet.

I am looking forward to getting back into blogging again, although it may be awhile before I get back to leaving messages for you all. I did get to keep up on all your blogs though!

I am still busy, with the garden, and Donnie just went back to work yesturday after a month long vacation, he retires next year, heaven help me.

Today I am swamped with zucchini that needs shreaded, blanched and run through my vacuum pack machine and then put in the frozen for future use. Sorry if I have mispelled anything, my spellchecker isn't working and I feel blessed just to be just able to post again to worry about the spellchecker just yet, LOL!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Your blog is very pretty; glad you were rescued from AOL!

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful :) I've also got a new camera (Canon EOS 350D) and have been trying out similar pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikki-ann/192855028/

Take care and I hope you're having a good weekend. :)

4:35 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Welcome back, my dear!! Good to see such a fantastic picture and you say this is NOT with the Macro lens...WOW!
Will be back soon again...!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Sam I Am said...

Good to see you ,You have been missed ,I always love stopping by to see whats growing .
Lots of licks!
Sam

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jean-luc-picard, Well, I did get Quest DSL but I am afraid I couldn't give up my AOL all toghether. I got the free version of AOL!
I am glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoyed your visit. Faira

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oldladyofthehills, I thought it a great picture, too. I can almost feel the softness, if I were to touch him. I sometimes touch them when they are on a flowers in the garden and they do have a fuzzy feel to them. I liked the results of this close-up so much, that it has encouraged me to order some macro lenses off of Ebay. I will see what I can do with those.
I raise mason bees in the garden and this year I had some Sweat bees move into one of the wooden houses that I have built for my Masons. The Sweat bees usually tunnel into the ground to nest but will also tunnel into wood. They must have thought it great to find the tunnels I had already made. What lazy bees, ha, ha!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam I Am, I also love to have you come by. Must be all those great licks!! Ha, ha!
I won't be fully back into the swing of it until our Oregon winter sets in to stay for awhile. It is still too nice outside for me to sit still for very long! But soon.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home