Wednesday, December 21, 2005

MyKia's Boo Boo

MyKia had a run in with another cat that didn't have much of a Christmas spirit at all. He bit into MyKia's upper side pretty bad. It swelled up to the size of a baseball 3 days ago and I had to lance it. I am glad I confined ourselves to the bathroom when I did it because at least a cup of the vilest toxins I had ever seen or smelled poured out of the wound. Afterwards, I cut all the hair from around his wound & cleaned it out with warm water & peroxide. Then I made a poultice with a cream with antibiotics in it. Now I am giving him oral antibiotics and then baby Bayer aspirin for the pain. Today is the first day he was actually up and wanting to go outside.
Akasha never once left his side. They are so attached to each other, I have never seen that kind of love in any of my pets for each other. Not since PyWakkete and AbaSara, two chocolate Siamese I had years ago. PyWakkette mourned her for month's when she passed away before he did.
Be assured that MyKia is well onto the road to recovery.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dak-Ind said...

my kia is such a great cat, im glad he has you to take care of him. any idea which neighborhood stray got to him? i hope he recovers quick, sure braille is a sweetheart, but mykia is my favorite.

10:45 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

You are a Vet, as well! Fantastic! That kitty is lucky to have you and your other cat, too...Glad to hear he is on the road to recovery!

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope the babies are ok . so sorry to hear one of your pets got hurt mary

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home