Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Another view of our garden Christmas display

You can not tell because of the darkness of the image but Santa's sleigh is lodged on top of the arbor, with poor Santa hanging upside down from it. The reindeer are coming down from over the top of the arbor. There are gifts in the sleigh and falling from the arbor and scattered on the ground.
I had a couple little girls come knock on my door the other day. I did not know them and they looked to be about ten and twelve years old. And they said they just wanted to tell me that they thought our Christmas display was just awesome. That makes the extra time it takes to decorate worth all the extra time and effort!

4 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Your display is extraordinary...HOW do you do it??? I am in awe of you!!!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Chen said...

I guess u must have spend lotsa time doing the deco.. So nice and so beautiful...

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oldladyofthehills, I decorate all of the outside of the front garden on December first. And then I decorate all of the inside of the house on December second. Donnie usually puts up the outside lights on the house for me, but his work load is heavy this year so we didn't get any of the outside house lights up. So actually our Christmaas display is sadly lacking!

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chen. It takes a day to do the outside lights and a day to do the inside lights. But many people I know here in Albany take weeks to put their Christmas decorations up. The Peoria house on Jengibre's ride in some postings above, took them monthes to put up! My daughter comes and helps me do the outside garden Christmas lights at my house. And she helps me plan how we want it to look for each year. Like we planned the crashed sleigh with Santa upside down and the presents spilled all over. Next year we will do something different. It is fun and we enjoy the time together.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home