Saturday, November 19, 2005

Who is it?

A rare time when I took a picture of one of my Paintings or drawings.
I was disappointed that this didn't turn out too well in a post but I remember when I painted it and then took this photo, the paint was still wet and as any of you that oil paint know, when oils are still wet they reflect the light and distort the painting. But I know I had no choice on this one because it was a rush order. And I only took the picture because my father was a great John Wayne fan and I wanted to share what I had painted with him even though we lived a distance apart at the time.
I painted and drew and sold all of it all off as if it were nothing, now I wish I had kept a portfolio of everything I had done. The reason ...
I am thinking of taking painting and drawing up again, and this time not for profit. I had quit my art because I moved to this little house and I felt I no longer had the space to paint. But I have talked to my daughter Mindi, that always gives me encouragement! And well ... I am going to do it!

13 Comments:

Blogger Dak-Ind said...

we have a perfect christmas present for you, oh yes we do, adn im not telling ahead of time, neee-ner neee-ner!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Michelle Wrighton Artist said...

Hi Faira, I'm glad to see you are going to get back into your art, you are obviously very talented! If space is limited you might like to look into Art Cards http://www.art-cards.org for some of your work - they are a lot of fun and quite addictive:)

Cheers

Michelle

3:38 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

I think that is cool just the way it is - sort of ethereal...

here from Michele's :-)

cq

5:31 PM  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Very nice paintings..What a talent, i wish i could draw. My sister got that talent from my mother. Keep it up!

10:34 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I think that painting is amazing! And I'm an artist,too..it looks like a photograph..I mean that as a compliment! Extrordinary...Oh do go back to your painting, Faira....this has an abstract feeling only in the fact that the colors are so personal, if that makes any sense...Love it!!!

1:14 AM  
Blogger cube said...

Now there's something I haven't seen in a long time. It looks like a photograph of Marion Michael Morrison himself. Really nice work. Who's next? Gary Cooper ;-)

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mindi, I hope it is the easel and paints at Cosco!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michell, I like your art work too and you have much more ambition than I do.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CrazieQueen, It did look better once it was dry.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline, I actually got my talent from an a famous artist Uncle on my Mothers side of the family. He had a studio in California and sold his art work for a fortune. Me I just tinker with it. Also on my fathers side I have an Uncle who does extrodinary wood carvings!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oldladyofthehills, That is great, I would love to see some of you art work, too. I hope you will post some soon!

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cube, No, Cary Grant of course, every woman's heart throb, LOL!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anna, Hmmm, It is Marion morrison himself!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home