Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mine, when she first came to me

This is "Mine" as she came to me and "Sabara" beside her. I know this is rather graphic but sometimes that is what it takes to see a problem. There are so many abandoned and unloved and unprotected pets in the world. I wish people would take the money and the time to spade or neuter their pets if they do not want the offspring. And if you say you can't afford it ... You can't afford a pet!
I guess what set me off (again) was a couple days ago I talked to someone that has a male cat that wanders the neighborhood. I asked if he was neutered and she said no, she didn't feel she needed to because he was a male. A female she said would be different, babies you know!
I had to rattle my head a moment! What?
Those of you that can tell me what was wrong with that scenario ... ARE RESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS! Those of you that are still scratching your head, I have only one word for you!
It all reminds me of a friend I had years ago that had 4 boys, "on the pregnancy issue" ... She said she was glad she had only boys and NO girls! And what is sad is that their are many people who think like this neighbor and my past friend! No wonder we can't solve the problems of unwanted pregnancies ... With attitudes like that!
Mark Twain once said, Quote,"God has put something noble and good into every heart his hand created," Unquote.
But I think many have forgotten how to use it!

2 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Amazing to read how...well...stupid some people are! It boggles the mind!
It sounds like you are a one-person Animal Protective Association, and GOOD for you that you care so much.

8:12 AM  
Blogger cube said...

Some people are so ignorant they shouldn't have pets or children!

People like you fill me with hope that the world can be a better place, even if it's just one person or one kitty at a time.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home