Monday, October 17, 2005

MmmmmMMmmm Pie

Just as I like to experiment in the garden I also like to experiment in the kitchen! I like to come up with new recipes that taste good, are easy to prepare and lower in calories.
This has all of that! I call it Cherry cheese cake pie.
1- Ready Crust, reduced fat, Graham crust.
1- 8oz. Fat free Philadelphia cream cheese.
1- 8oz. Kraft Cool Whip Free
1- 20 oz. Can light cherry pie filling
(1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon) Crystal light Lemonade crystals (depends on how lemony you like your pie, I like 1 tablespoon or more myself)
2 to 3 Tablespoons of splenda sweetener, to sweeten cherries a little more (optional)
So easy and fast to make. In a large bowl cream together until smooth, the cream cheese and the crystal light lemonade. Then blend in cool whip until soothe and creamy. Spread into graham cracker crust. It's that easy!
Pour cherries over top of pie, sweeten ahead of time with splenda if so desired.
You will want the pie to set in the refrigerator for a couple hours to chill before serving, to give it a chance to set up. I hope you like it! Let me know! And if you have any questions ... also let me know!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dak-Ind said...

she made this today... i had some... shes right, this receipe is GOOD!! yummy!

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohh my.... that looks great!

For us in Holland it's hard to get the same products you use. Also the recipe is difficult to us, you have other measures and weights. I don’t know how much an oz is….. And I don’t know what Kraft Cool Whip Free and Crystal light Lemonade crystals are…That’s so annoying… I would love to make the same cherry cheese cake pie, but I don’t know how… Can you help me?

L. Maud

7:28 AM  
Blogger Faira said...

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/conversions.htm

This site converts our ounces(oz) into other measurements ... metirc etc. "Crystal light" is a lemonade crystal/powder(with 5 calories) that you can add water to make a lemonade drink with. Cool whip free is just a low fat version of pre-made whipped cream. Use the address at top to convert amounts to your measurement type!

Maud, I hope this helps, if you have more questions, just ask!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Faira said...

Oh, and Maud, you want (sweet) lemonade powder or crystals, (sweetened) whipped cream, and (sweetened) pie cherries. Make sure the pie cherries are also (thickend) like they have to be when going into an ordinary cherry pie!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home