Sunday, October 09, 2005

Jengibre... I found her a set of wings at the Dollar store. I love um! She kind of bumps into everything with them but she is a good sport. I have been dressing her since she was 5 weeks old and she is 12 years now, so it is all old hat to her! When I sew her coats, she tries them on and models them with the pins still in them, so I can get a good fit. When I am done with the sewing ... Then it is time for hammering the snaps in place, she really gets excited then and won't leave me alone until her new coat goes on her. If anyone comes over and they haven't seen her new coat yet, she models it turning in circles and she stops every so often, until they tell her how beautiful she looks and then she circles again so they get a different view, until again they say, "Oh, Jengibre how beautiful you look." Then she is happy and on her way she goes. Everyone thinks it is so funny and she is so vain, ha, ha! I should take a short video of it for all you non-believers!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dak-Ind said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Dak-Ind said...

That dog is so spoiled you can smell her coming! She will model for me, circling this way and then that way, and then when i tell her what a darling dog she is, she will back up to me and let me scratch her butt. (well it isnt REALLY her butt, its her lower back area, abover her hips, but we CALL it her butt). I think her wardrope is bigger than mine.
You know, mom, you are so talented with her clothing. i wish i was even half as capable as you!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Dak-Ind said...

ok so i cant spell... the first comment i had to delete because i spelled dog backwards, not that Jengibre would mind being called a god, she does seem to think she is a little goddess... then in the do-over i spelled wardroBe wrong. spell check... where is my spell check!!

7:54 PM  
Blogger L^2 said...

very cute!!! :-)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Wow, that's just so cute! My furkids fervently detests me putting anything on them :(

They're really no fun come Halloween/X'mas time.

Take care!

3:18 PM  
Blogger IndyPindy said...

Oh, Jengibre, you are not supposeed to like it when your human dresses you up! It demeans our beauty and takes away our dignity - whenevr my mother puts clothing on me, I chew it up at the first opportunity. Last year for Halloween she dressed me as a cowboy, and the very next day I shredded the hat and left in right in front of the door for her to find when she came home. That's kind of a law for Huskies...maybe little dogs are different. Come visit my blog!
Indy

4:18 AM  
Blogger Faira said...

Indi, It is really no more embarrassing than how many of us humans dress up our children and ourselves for Halloween. Jengibre loves it, and loves to show off her
Costumes!

All the other coats I make her are to just keep her warm. She is a MinPin with very short hair and she is cold without them.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home